What is the HoopSmart Coaching Academy?
The HoopSmart Coaching Academy is a one-day coaching clinic put on by high school coaches for high school coaches. Bring your entire staff or register as an individual. Hear from fourteen accomplished high school and college basketball coaches at this fast-paced clinic open to youth, middle school, high school and college boys and girls coaches of all levels. College players will serve as on-court demonstrators.
YOUR CLINIC INCLUDES:
- Sam Hargraves, Olivet College - “Transition Defense”
- Mark Christner, Calvin University - “My favorite drills”
- Milton Barnes, Jackson HS - “Five drills any team can use”
- Matt Dennis, Otsego HS - “Uptempo offense - preparing your team to play fast”
- Luke Pohl, Pewamo-Westphalia - "Pressure half-court man to man defense”
- Thom VanderKlay, Wyoming HS - “Dictating fast tempo - Drills and Concepts”
- Ryan Klingler, Grandville HS - “Motion Offense”
- Ken George, HoopSmart - “Drills to start and end practice and shooting drills”
- Cassie Kotlarczyk, Holt HS - “My five favorite drills”
- Doug Fleming, GR Storm - “Planning perfect practices for mid-season”
- Ken George, HoopSmart - “Seven lessons I learned from seven specific games”
- David Chana, Northview HS - “Full court man to man press - concepts and drills”
- David Kool, Holland Christian HS - “Zone offense”
- Sara Holt, Okemos HS - “Offensive spacing - drills and concepts”
- Jeff Anama, East Kentwood HS - “Structuring tryouts and pre-season practices”
Click HERE to download and print this year's schedule. Share this document with others you think may be interested in attending this year's event.
Photos from the first-annual HoopSmart Coaching Academy
Northview High School
4451 Hunsberger NE
Grand Rapids, MI
The HoopSmart Coaching Academy is brought to you by Ken George Basketball, in partnership with Coach Mike Kapustka and Northview Basketball.